We investigate complaints about problems that VET FEE-HELP or VET Student Loans students have with their provider in Australia. Our services are free, independent and impartial—we do not take sides. To find out how to apply for a VET student loan, go to StudyAssist.
We are committed to ensuring the health and safety of the public and our staff during this challenging time.
We are still taking complaints from the public, however in the interest of community health, this means we are not accepting face-to-face appointments at any of our offices. To make a complaint please visit our website at vet.ombudsman.gov.au. If you don’t have internet access, you can call us on
1300 362 072.
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our staff, many of them are working remotely, and due to government wide resources being focussed on the delivery of essential services to the Australian public, it may take longer than usual to contact you regarding your complaint, and for us to assist you to resolve it.
Thank you for your understanding while we navigate this challenging time together.
How we can help you
We can help people who:
- have used the VET FEE-HELP or the VET Student Loans programs to cover the cost of their studies, in full or in part
- believe they may have a VET FEE-HELP or VET Student Loans debt they should not have
- feel that their VET FEE-HELP or VET Student Loans approved provider has treated them unfairly.
We can help by:
- engaging with your provider to resolve your complaint
- assess your complaint through the new VET FEE-HELP Student Redress Measures. More information can be found on this factsheet.
- referring you to other organisations who can help you if we are unable to.
Contact us if you, or someone you know, have an issue or complaint about your VET FEE-HELP or VET Student Loans training provider.
Before you contact us
If your complaint is about a debt incurred after 1 January 2017 under the ‘VET Student Loan’ scheme, you should try to resolve the problem with your provider before contacting us. To see how to make a complaint with your provider, read our factsheet.
If you incurred a debt between 2009 and 2017 under the ‘VET FEE-HELP’ scheme, we may be able to consider your complaint through the VET FEE-HELP Student Redress Measures. Read our factsheet to find out more.
We appreciate your patience as we work through the backlog of complaints. In light of recent disasters we will be prioritising those affected and will continue to keep you up to date as we work through the complaints.
- VET FEE-HELP Student Redress Measures
- How to make a complaint to your provider
- How we can help you with your VET loan debt complaint
- Census days for your VET Student Loans approved course
- How to seek a review of your VET Student Loan or VET FEE-HELP complaint
- Answers to frequently asked questions by VET FEE-HELP approved providers
Outreach and promotional materials
We have posters about the VET FEE-HELP Student Redress Measures that can be downloaded and used by community organisations and other groups to promote the scheme.